The Sarcoma Stomp
Join us on April 28, 2018 for the 7th annual Sarcoma Stomp 5K Run and 3K Walk! Help us reach the $1 MILLION mark in funding sarcoma research and clinical trials! Our event benefits Levine Cancer Institute and Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, NC.
Share a fun and uplifting morning with your family, friends, and co-workers! Kids love the face painting, tattoos, games, snacks and visits from our favorite mascots! In 2017, the event attracted a record 1,200 participants (including 48 teams) and raised over $170,000!
The Sarcoma Stomp is held at Christ Lutheran Church, 4519 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
- Challenge yourself and run the scenic 5K neighborhood course
- Stroll with your loved ones through the 3K neighborhood walking course
- Be part of our Cheering Crew at the finish line
- Want to participate on the course but are handicapped, undergoing treatment, etc.? No problem! Our friends at Speed for Need will happily push you in a specialized racing chair! You can participate with your family and friends in either the 5K Run or 3K Walk (chairs are on an as-available basis, so register and reserve a chair early)!
WHAT IF I AM NOT LOCAL (OR JUST CAN’T MAKE IT)?
Register as a Virtual Stomper! As a Virtual Stomper you can even start or join any team! We had over 70 Virtual Stompers last year from all over the U.S., many of which were friends or family members of local participants. No need to let distance get in the way of fun-raising!
WHAT ABOUT TEAMS?
HOW CAN I START FUNDRAISING?
Create your own fundraising page using an easy template! Setting up a fundraiser takes only a few minutes! You do not have to register as a participant to start a fundraiser!
CAN I FUNDRAISE ON FACEBOOK?
You bet! There are no processing fees for nonprofit donations so 100% of the gift gets to the Paula Takacs Foundation! Very simple to set up and share with friends! Here are directions to create a Facebook fundraiser if using: computer, iPhone, Android, or iPad.
WHAT WAYS CAN I DONATE?
- Click here to donate to a Sarcoma Stomp participant or to the fundraiser itself.
- Donate to the Paula Takacs Foundation on Facebook by clicking the blue “Donate” button on our page!
- Donate with any credit card via PayPal or mail a check (PO Box 78416, Charlotte, NC 28271). Be sure to indicate if your donation is directed to a Sarcoma Stomp individual or team fundraiser in the PayPal instructions (or check memo line). We will add your donation to their fundraising total!
HOW CAN I BECOME A SPONSOR?
To get information on how your business can promote its brand while making a critical investment in Levine Cancer Institute and Levine Children’s Hospital research, click here to view our 2018 sponsorship packet.
WHAT IMPACT AM I MAKING?
Donations to the foundation make a very direct impact! For more information about the projects our donors are currently funding at Levine Cancer Institute and Levine Children’s Hospital, including an immunotherapy clinical trial, a blood biopsy study, and two genomic profiling studies, click here. Since inception our organization has donated $867,000 to sarcoma research, including over $556,000 to Levine Cancer Institute!
HOW CAN I STAY IN THE LOOP?
The Paula Takacs Foundation for Sarcoma Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in Charlotte, NC.
Our Tax ID is 27-3366677.